2,4ghz replacment fo RX18

Re: 2,4ghz replacment fo RX18

Postby Ex_Pat_Tanker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:26 am

Crikey, that recoil is a bit vicious! 8O
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Field Marshal

Postby The Tank Man » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 am

Is sounds the same as the standard RX18 lol and the dreaded gearbox killer gun recoil is still there! I bet it's still got superspin as well!! What a waste of time and money! I think who ever was put in charge with building this unit needs to be sacked! And it's not even cheap to buy! I would not touch up with a ten foot bargepoll!!!! Totally pointless !!!! Glad I've got that off my chest now and breath! B|
Last edited by The Tank Man on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tank Man
Field Marshal

Postby FV432 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 am

The Tank Man wrote:Is sounds the same as the standard RX18 lol and the dreaded gearbox killer gun recoil is still there! I bet it's still got superspin as well!! What a easy of time and money! I think who ever was out in charge with building this unit needs to be sacked! And it's not even cheap to buy! I would not touch up with a ten foot bargepoll!!!! Totally pointless !!!! Glad I've got that off my chest now and breath! B|

i think youve just cleared all our thoughts Gary ;)
you talk the talk..but do you walk the walk?
FV432
Field Marshal

Postby FV432 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 am

ohhh and i have a few RX18s for sale £100 pounds each :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
FV432
Field Marshal

Postby 971wright » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 am

Hi I wonder if they have got rid of the Rx18 whine :haha: :haha: if they have what a waste 8O

regards pete
971wright
Field Marshal

Postby FV432 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:06 am

971wright wrote:Hi I wonder if they have got rid of the Rx18 whine :haha: :haha: if they have what a waste 8O

regards pete

:haha: :haha: :haha:
FV432
Field Marshal

Postby LMN118 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:54 pm

They will most likely be fitting this system to future tanks released by Heng Long.

I am not entirely sure what the fuss is about, it is an RX18 with hopefully a more modern and reliable receiver/handset combo. I am quite sick of the standard Heng Long handset with its super high failure rate, the receiver board that fails as soon as you look at it and the added inconvenience of XTALS waiting to fail, or worse get stuck inside the handset so you have to destroy both of them to get them out.

Judging by the frequency and the very limited experience of RC helis the bonding between the handset and the tank will occur when you switch them on and hopefully you can use the handset with others, or perhaps they are set.
LMN118
Major

Postby 971wright » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi The reason we wont buy them is we cant convert them to a Tamiya compatble battle system .To convert a Heng Long to Tamiya compatable we need to intercept the signal between the RX and the Board,with this unit being an all in one unit it wont be possible.
I could convert a Heng Long to 2,4ghz cheaper than this new board and it would be Tamiya compatable.

regards pete
971wright
Field Marshal

Postby YHR » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 pm

You probably have not experienced and RX 18 with one of the aftermarket interfaces. This allows you to use any radio you want, so a lot of us have already dealt with the poor HL handset and RX.

For those of us who like the flexibility of using one quality radio for all our tanks, what are we supposed to do with this?. Good thing there are some other electronic packages on the horizon, because if this becomes the standard in all Heng Long tanks, sales of EL Mod, SLU and now possibly Clark are going to be on the rise.

In all honesty if this becomes the standard in all HL tanks, I will be throwing them in the trash bin along with the Mato Sherman electronics. Now I am unsure of what I will be using to replace them. THe RX 18 was a good inexpensive upgradable option.

EDIT update

On the WelshDragon model web page there is a link to the instruction manual. Some good news. There is a process to bind the receiver to the radio. This means you would only need one radio, and be able to bind all your tanks to this one radio, that is a good thing. The IBU could be used with this to give you complete Tamiya compatibility. The current Mako hardware, could get you battling with Tamiyas but as of yet they don't have a board that slows the tank down when hit so this will be an issue. I am not sure how the Mamba unit was supposed to interact with the RX18. Does anyone know if the Mamba unit will interface with this new ESC.???
YHR
Lieutenant General

Postby 971wright » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi Dan Sorry dont know about the Mambe ,How it conects to the RX18,one thing about the Mako board it may well work it would give you flashing lights and either 5 hit or 9 hits ,but you would have to put up with the silly dance when hit,also till he sorts out the Heng Long battle unit ,there is the question about range (taking hits from a distance)heng long are a bit hit and miss (pardon the pun)some work fine others dont,its down to the quality of the mirror.
I think like you Dan if these units become standard it could cause us more problems than we have now.Might be worth contacting Dave (Darkith)and start asking how hard it would be to make a Control board that uses standard Duel ESCs but can use your sound card and daves DBC.
I did Play with a DBC2 and a Tamiya T01 also using the rx18 ,Y conections from the DBC2 to the T01 to control the motors and then rx18 to control the functions,It worked but when killed the motors would still drve

regards pete.
971wright
Field Marshal

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion