Hobby Engine Leopard 2 ?

hybrid/scratch builds of post ww2 armour

Re: Hobby Engine Leopard 2 ?

Postby n1ghtpony » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:02 am

ive had one of these and one of the standard hobby engine leos and abrahms i found the abrahms better seemed the suspension worked a little better bear in mind they are very light and they dont look very awsome negotiating terain ,ive just got bought the premium abrhams the guy said it should be here on tommorrow so will have some reviews on this for a few guys on here interested in them i just hope its worth the price difference between the standard models :/
n1ghtpony
sergeant

Postby PantherG » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:51 pm

What are they considering the "Premium" version? I haven't seen any differences in the HE line as far as a so called Premium version.
PantherG
Lieutenant

Postby n1ghtpony » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:47 pm

the premium has proportional steering rather than the stop start motors to the turn the tank the hand set is a bit better and they do a premium leo version too
youtube
Leopard 2A5 100% RTR (500406020)
n1ghtpony
sergeant

Postby n1ghtpony » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:21 pm

if the new premium hobby leo has new suspension then the new abrahms doesnt as ive had mine delivered and as shown in my thread ,had mine apart and all the components are the same the only two differences i found to be different are the tracks (wich are quite good) and the proportional steering ,cant really call count their custom airbrushing as a benifit mine looked plain out of the box
n1ghtpony
sergeant

Postby PantherG » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:03 am

How is the Abrams coming along pony? Got some of the el-Mod system installed in mine but haven't had a chance to finish yet. I'm still hoping HE will sell their new tracks separately for future upgrades. i need a set for my second LEO that way i don't have to do the entire gear box and road wheel upgrade just gear boxes.
PantherG
Lieutenant

Postby n1ghtpony » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:23 pm

its all done mate although i would like the elmod that you have the tracks are great a reall improvment as ive had both the abrahms and leo prior to this latest model i dont however like the clutch system these tanks have because of the nylon gears any stress on the rear wheel its sort of clicks and looks like it jumps a cog but on closer look there is a sprung loaded clutch that bounces out stopping the gears getting chewed i guess ,but because i like to put my tanks through thier paces i dont like these motors so it looks like im going to be modding the inernals pretty soon also a bigger 7.2 battery going in next week as the standard one has poor peformance,oh and the top guuner is going and ill use the rotating mechanism to move the periscope ill post this mod when done
n1ghtpony
sergeant

Postby PantherG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 am

I replace the gear boxes in all three of my HE tanks. i use Tamiya Panther G boxes, they fit perfectly with a good mounting plate that I also use. Then i use the Tamiya Leo sprockets and tracks. There are a couple of neet little tricks to use those sprockets that i came up with.
PantherG
Lieutenant

Postby n1ghtpony » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 am

im super interested in seeing your conversions buddy as im a bit of a novice when it comes to the internals :D
n1ghtpony
sergeant

Postby PantherG » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:51 pm

As you can see the wheel spacers i make and the gear boxes installed. I make a plate to mount the gear boxes on then install as a complete unit. The hull sides are slotted to accomplish this. They can be adjusted this way to tension the tracks without a separate idler tension-er.
i can give better details if you need them. These where all done to use the Tamiya Leo 2A6 tracks and I also used the Tamiya Leo sprockets. i just turned them around and drilled and tapped a hole to accept a grub screw to fix them to the axles.
PantherG
Lieutenant

Postby n1ghtpony » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 pm

ok buddy i need the parts list bor both drive wheels and links for the motors if you can as after seeing this you obviously are light years ahead of me and would aprecieate the links and parts list you aquired
thanks
jamie
n1ghtpony
sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Armour